SixEstate is a content marketing and SEO company powered by professional journalism. We help brands of all shapes and sizes project thought leadership and achieve widespread search visibility by creating and sharing industry-leading content with their audiences. Contact us today to see how brand journalism — Brand News — can improve search rankings, drive qualified traffic, and generate leads for your business.
SixEstate noun [siks-ih-steyt]
- Content marketing for thought leadership.
- Intelligent, content-driven search marketing.
- Brand Journalism; Brand News.
Origin: The name SixEstate is a reference to the “Fourth Estate,” a term for the mainstream media coined in the early 19th century. The press, as it was called in that period, was considered one of the most influential forces in society, along with the clergy (First Estate), the noblemen (Second Estate) and the commoners (Third Estate). The Fifth Estate has an array of meanings, but often describes forms of alternative media, such as underground newspapers, pirate radio, and even the Internet and public-access TV.
The Sixth Estate is the next step in the evolution of journalism. SixEstate has developed a new model of journalism for brands — Brand News — to generate thought leadership and achieve widespread search visibility.
10 Things You Should Know About SixEstate
There are a lot of content marketing and SEO companies out there. What separates SixEstate from the pack?
- All our content is written by seasoned journalists and reviewed by experienced editors before going live.
- Our growing network of journalists includes writers from The New York Times, Glamour, SELF, Chemical & Engineering News, and many more prestigious national, local, and industry news outlets.
- You own 100% of the rights to 100% of the content. You can use it for ebooks, white papers, or other purposes.
- Our content naturally attracts media attention by positioning clients as thought leaders.
- Our content dominates long tail search results — achieving first-page rankings for hundreds, or even thousands, of long-tail search queries related to your most important topics — and attracting targeted traffic from search engines.
- Unlike other marketing programs, SixEstate content is an asset whose value grows over time, attracting more and more visitors as this wealth of quality content continues to accumulate.
- Our professional blogging service, called Newsblogging, matches you with your very own editorial team, including a professional journalist, an experienced editor, and a content director. Your journalist will have relevant background and experience covering your topics and industry.
- Newsblogs are team journalism, and you can participate in the content process as much as you’d like. You can review and make changes to blog posts, either before they are published or after. You can suggest topic ideas to your journalists, and provide expert quotes and commentary. Or, you can sit back, relax, and leave everything to us.
- We provide detailed, content-rich tracking reports that explain exactly how your campaign is progressing in a way that’s easy to digest.
- We constantly monitor the direction of content, and actively seek feedback from you and your dedicated editorial team to make sure the content is aligned with your objectives, reaching your audiences, and having the maximum impact in search.
Meet the SixEstate Team
David Reich, Co-Founder and C.E.O.
A graduate of the A.B. Freeman School of Business at Tulane University, David blends a background in traditional marketing and public relations with over 5 years of experience managing hundreds of online marketing campaigns for all kinds of organizations, from small businesses and nonprofits to public companies. David is responsible for keeping SixEstate and its clients at the forefront of the rapidly evolving search and content marketing landscape. Connect with David on Twitter, Google+ or via email.
Steve O’Keefe, Co-Founder and C.O.O.
Steve is a serial entrepreneur, writer and professor. He wrote the bestselling book Publicity on the Internet in 1996, which has been revised and updated several times. Steve has taught Internet Public Relations at Tulane University since 2001, and has taught for Stanford University, UCLA, Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), among others. Steve began marketing books on the Internet in 1992 and has launched online campaigns for over 1,000 books and several of the largest publishing brands in the world, including Dr. Seuss, and …For Dummies. Connect with Steve on Twitter, Google+ or email.
Katie McCaskey, Content Director
Katie McCaskey is a content director and account manager for SixEstate. She’s worked with small and large media companies, including Sony Pictures Digital Entertainment and AOL, in both Los Angeles and New York City. As an urban escapee, she bridges the best of city life and remote work lifestyle as co-owner of a neighborhood grocery in the tiny micropolitan of Staunton, Virginia. She has a B.A. from Purdue University and M.S. from New York University.
Tatyana Meshcheryakova, Head Editor
Tatyana has been a journalist and editor for more than 17 years, including stints at AOL and a number of trade and consumer publications in Philadelphia, covering digital technology and the publishing industry. In addition to editing hundreds of articles and blog posts each month, Tatyana is responsible for training new journalists and editors that join our team. Tatyana has a B.A. in Journalism from Temple University, and is fluent in Russian.
The Blog Posse
The Blog Posse is our growing network of professional journalists, career bloggers and experienced editors who make Newsblogging the leading professional blogging service anywhere. Want to learn more about the Blog Posse? Are you an experienced writer or editor looking for a gig? Click here to find out more!